1. Gather the tail in one hand, while holding the rings in the other hand. Make sure the fabric isn't twisted.
2. Pull the tail up through the middle of both rings.
3. Double back and thread the tail over the outside ring and through the middle of the inside ring.
4. Make sure that the fabric of the tail is spread evenly through the rings, and both rails are accessible for adjustments.
5. With the rings toward the front, take the rings in your dominant hand and place your other arm through the Sling.
6. Bring the Sling over your head and place the shoulder pad on your shoulder.
The most comfortable and secure position for baby is above your waist, snug against your body. If baby is hanging too low, you will most likely feel some pain in your back.
Baby will acclimate to the Ring Sling much faster if you walk around while he's getting used to it.