Sitting Up to Toddler
1. Find the approximate middle of the Wrap.
2. Lay Wrap across chair, then sit baby in the center of the fabric.
3. Sitting in front of baby, bring one end of Wrap over each shoulder.
4. With one hand under baby's bum and the other holding the fabricin front of your body, pull baby into your back.
5. keeping a hand under baby's bum, pull fabric taught. Feel that fabric is pulled under baby's bum. You can stand at this point, if you like.
6. Bring each fabric strap down and back, crossing over baby's legs.
7. Cross the straps under baby's bum, then bring them back to the front, under baby's legs.
8. Tie a double knot in front of your waist. Fabric at the shoulders can be tucked and adjusted, if it feels loose around baby's head/shoulders.
When wearing a toddler on your back, the most secure position for the fabric is pulled up to the armpits (arms out) or neck (arms in), depending upon the mood of your baby. Especially when using the rucksack position, be alert for arching of the back, wich can shift the bottom edge of the fabric into a less secure position.
Always be aware of your baby's position in the wrap.
Do not use the wrap with an uncooperative child.