1. Find the approximate middle of the wrap.
2. Bring one end of the fabric under each arm, cross over your back, and back over your shoulders toward the front of your body.
3. Starting with "burp position" slip baby down into the cumberbund piece of fabric in front of your body.
4. Pull each shoulder strap until the fabric is secure around baby and across your back. The fabric should be spread from baby's head or arms all the way to baby's knees.
5. Cross the straps under baby's bum, then pull them under baby's legs and toward your back.
6. Tie a double knot behind your waist. You can then adjust the fabric at the shoulders for maximum comfort.
When wearing a toddler on your back, the most secure position for the fabric is pulled up to the armpits (arms out) or neck (arms in), depending upon the mood of your baby. Especially when using the rucksack position, be alert for arching of the back, wich can shift the bottom edge of the fabric into a less secure position.
Always be aware of your baby's position in the wrap.
Do not use the wrap with an uncooperative child.